[Enigma-devel] Re: Bug reports for Enigma 0.90 beta

From: slfabian
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re: Bug reports for Enigma 0.90 beta
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:03:14 -0500

Hi Daniel,

Thanks!  Glad I could be of help!  Regarding the levels with rotors, to me they all seem to be going to fast, with the exception of Esprit 77, where they are moving slower than they used to move.  I've never really liked the rotor levels that much, so maybe I'm not the best judge of whether they are harder than before, but to me, most of them seem harder to do.  Esprit 77, on the other hand, seems easier...but I had a hard time doing it before, so I like it better this way!!  Maybe some other people could take a look at them and see what they think.

Where (what file and in what folder) will the records for which levels are completed be kept in the new version of Enigma?  The reason I ask is that after having my hard drive wiped out twice this summer and losing nearly all of my progress since I didn't know that I really needed to save the file in the Application Data folder...I like to know which files I need to back up to save my progress if that ever happens again!

I was also wondering about a bunch of new levels that I believe that Jacob sent to you a few months ago.  He sent them to me, but they didn't appear in the beta version.  Will they be added to the next real release? (Actually, I would like to chuck my computer out the window after trying some of them, but others are really good!!)  And he tells me that he has a bunch more in the works (which I haven't seen yet)

I haven't added the original Oxyd and PerOxyd levels to the beta version yet, so I cannot say how they are working or if there are any bugs in them yet!

Thanks,
Stephanie