Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma - Oxyd Emulation

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma - Oxyd Emulation
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:58:21 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin S." <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:19 PM
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma - Oxyd Emulation

> Hello.
>
> Except Oxyd Magnum Gold I own all the Oxyd games and therefore I was very
> happy when I found Enigma because now I finally can play the games in
> windows without problems. I tried the Oxyd emulation in Enigma and it
worked
> rather
> good but there are some problems (in the following I will only talk about
> emulated oxyd levels):

Please remember that oxyd emulation is not yet complete. However we do
intend to have full oxyd emulation by version 1.0.

> 1. In some maps there are many red and yellow question marks (stones and
> objects) shown in enigma. In several of these levels this isn't too much a
> problem but in others the map is unbeatable because it seems that some
> essential stones or objects don't appear, but are replaced by these
question
> marks.

These question marks represent objects that enimga does no yet have support
for, or objects that whose format in the oxyd dat files ae not yet fully
understood.

> 2. In some emulated maps there are invisible objects and when I run across
> them, I get an object called "dummy". A map where this happened to me
> seems to be unbeatable, too.

Hm... i have not had this happen to me, but again it is probably due to lack
of the object in enigma
(yet), or lack of understanding of that objects format.

> 3. In some maps the lasers don't work correctly. For example in Level 2 of
> Oxyd 1 the laser is supposed to destroy the stones. He does that in the
> original Oxyd 1 but not when I emulate this map in Enigma, the laser
doesn't
> have any effect.

I am not too suprised about this one, as laser interactions in enigma do not
yet quite match those which are in oxyd, but we do intend complete support.

> 4. In certain maps there are glass stones which are said to be breakable
by
> pushing heavily against them. I didn't manage to do this in a certain
level
> but I am not sure if this is a problem of the emulation or if I just need
> do something else to break these stones.

Hmm... i am really not sure about this one... pease send me a level number.

> 5. Some objects don't seem to have an effect. I found a calculator in a
> level but I can't do anything with it. Here again I don't know if it's a
> problem of the emulation because I can't play this level in the original
> game.

I am not sure that the calculator has any function even in oxyd... if it
does though, i suspect that it is not needed to win any level... I will have
to check on this.