Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: "thumbs" dir and packaging

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: "thumbs" dir and packaging
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:02:58 +0100

Erich Schubert wrote:

> > OTOH i havn't looked at how much this is used yet...
> > right now i'm trying to get a working enigma version, i get a
> > segfault in video.cc:317 i need to sort out.
>
> The segfault was caused by menu_bg.jpg not being found for gfx32.
> Fix is to add $(srcdir)/*.jpg to the pkgdata_DATA variable

Thanks

> Keys are broken. If you use them to unlock a lock they don't get
> removed from your inventory.

No, that's intentional.  The idea is that you need the key for both
unlocking and locking.

> Since the level pngs are still around, what are "thumbs" for?
> As i understand the code they are generated when no existing level png
> was found, correct? Sounds nice for user levels.

Yes, that's the idea.

> If that means i don't have to provide a system wide writeable "thumbs"
> directory that would be ok.

Maybe we could use /var/games/enigma/thumbs, but ~/.enigma/thumbs is
certainly easier.

> -AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([src/config.h])
> +AM_CONFIG_HEADER(src/config.h)

That's the syntax for newer Automake/Autoconf versions.  I decided to
stick with the old syntax because it simplified building the CVS version
for users of older distributions.

Daniel