[Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.8 beta version questions

From: slfabian
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 0.8 beta version questions
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:39:45 -0400

I am disappointed with several aspects of the latest version of Enigma.  In version 0.7 all levels were available for play at all times.  This was one of the things that I liked best about the game.  In other games I have played, you need to solve the levels in order and cannot proceed if you become stuck on a level.  This was never the case in Enigma, until now.  Why did you have to ruin one of the best aspects of the game by locking most of the levels?  In the previous version, I was able to solve most of the levels, but there were some that I could never figure out or was just not that skilled at.  This did not stop me from enjoying the other levels though.  In this new version, if I get stuck on a level, I cannot proceed even though I was previously able to solve levels that were further on in the game.  I would urge you to please rethink this decision before releasing the final version 0.8.

I would also like to know what happens when you do release the final version.  Do I have to start over from scratch?  Or will I be able to somehow transfer the credit for already having solved a level in the beta version?

I would appreciate a response.  Thank you.
Stephanie Fabian