Re: [Enigma-devel] 50 commits later.... :)

From: Martin Hawlisch
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 50 commits later.... :)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:48:47 +0200 (MEST)

Hello Daniel!

Daniel Heck wrote:
> I just finished uploading my local changes to the CVS server.  I'm
> telling you this because many things are broken at the moment.  The most
> apparent problems are: (a) the shadows are missing completely, (b)
> lasers don't work correctly, (c) some of the graphics don't look quite
> right.  More issues are noted in the TODO list; please don't report
> these as bugs.  But please *do* report bugs that aren't mentioned in
> this file.
You are simply great!!!!
Enigma is now drawn fast enought and playable on a exported X-Display!!!

One bug is not mentioned but I'm sure you know: The player is not dead when
falling into abyss, and I cannot restart the level.

> Most of the fundamental changes for the next release are in place now,
> so I will focus on ironing out the remaining problems, polishing the
> available levels, and adding a few new features.  Collisions with stones
> (in particular, doors and moving stones) still don't work correctly at
> times; I probably won't have the time to fix this in the next few weeks,
> so this may have to wait for the Christmas release... :-)
OK, then I will have more time to create new levels, stones and items for
the next release.

One idea regarding the level packs mentioned in the TODO:
Instead of just putting some ammount of levels into one pack, we could
create packs containing levels similar to Esprit, Oxyd, OxydMagnum, Per.Oxyd,
OxydExtra, and one containing special Enigma levels. As I'm currenty collecting
screenshots of all the Oxyd versions I could do this.

> One last note: I just noticed that CVS is capable of automatically
> generating email notifications about CVS commits.  If some of you are
> interested, I could set up a mailing list for these notifications.
Great idea, you can put me on this list.

--
Cheers, Martin.

http://www.hawlisch.de