Re: [Enigma-devel] Status update

From: Ingo van Lil
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Status update
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:36:45 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:40:05PM +0200, Daniel Heck wrote:

> I've also been thinking about adding an 256 color option without alpha
> blending to make the game run faster on older hardware.  Is there any
> demand for this?

Yes, please! I'd be very grateful for anything like that. I'm running
Enigma on a Pentium 166 and some of the levels are very hard to (e.g.
"The Doors") or even impossible (maps with many lasers). Also, in huge
levels (especially the mazes), rolling from one screen to another seems
to take a few calculations, resulting in sudden (and quite often fatal)
movements.
I don't care about 256 colors, but I'd like to be able to decrease the
graphical details (alpha shadows, smooth animation of opened Oxyd
stones, animations when the ball hits a wall etc...) in order to save
CPU power.

        Cheers,
            Ingo