Re: [Enigma-devel] Status update

From: Martin Hawlisch
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Status update
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:49:19 +0200 (MEST)

Hello!

Daniel Heck wrote:
> We're slowly moving towards the next release, which will be either 0.60
> or 0.55, depending on the amount of new features we are able to squeeze
> into Enigma in the next few weeks.  I'm loth to estimate a release date,
> but I will decree a feature freeze by the end of October, so make
> yourself heard in the next two weeks if you have a feature request or a
> contribution or both.
OK, I'll do my best to do some new stones, items and levels.
First thing I'll commit later is a patch to the automake/autoconf stuff to
(hopefully) properly detect the renamed lua files on debian. I don't want to
install it locally or patch the sources manually any longer.

The last days i did some testing of tWiki. You can use it if you want. It is
installed on my Server at home.
http://loshawlos.homeip.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Enigma/WebHome

> The next release probably won't contain as many user-visible changes as
> the last few did.  The following items are currently on my wishlist
>
> 1) Freeze the first 100 levels.  We need to order them by increasing
> difficulty and polish some of the levels first, but there won't be a new
> release before this is done.  Any contributions or suggestions are
> welcome.
I'll concentrate on creating new ones.

> 2) Expand options menu and save the list of played levels in the
> configuration file.
Cool, this will close the one and only bug in debian
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=159075&repeatmerged=yes)

> 3) Add a couple of new game objects and levels
This is what I also plan to do.

> I've also been thinking about adding an 256 color option without alpha
> blending to make the game run faster on older hardware.  Is there any
> demand for this?
YES - hopefully it will be better playable on a remote X display.

--
Cheers, Martin.
http://www.hawlisch.de