emacsconf-org

Re: Planning an EmacsConf infrastructure meeting

From: bandali
Subject: Re: Planning an EmacsConf infrastructure meeting
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 11:03:02 -0500

Thank you all for the replies.

It seems that the proposed time for this meeting works for everyone
but Leo and Bhavin.  We're getting a bit close to the proposed date
of Sunday 7pm EST so I don't think it'd be wise to change it at this
point, but there will indeed be a recording for those who'd want to
watch and catch up after the meeting, and if there will be need for
a second meeting, we could schedule it at a time that would work
better for Leo and Bhavin (likely a weekend morning time EST).

To reiterate, we plan on meeting on Sunday, December 5, at 7pm EST.
To participate, please join this BigBlueButton room at that time:

          https://bbb.emacsverse.org/b/ban-kjh-lrk-w6v

I plan on giving a quick presentation about the current pieces of
infrastructure of EmacsConf, followed by some plans for improvements
and opening the floor for discussion.

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!

                                 * * *

David Bremner writes:

> bandali@gnu.org writes:

[...]
> The time is OK for me. I can probably make a one time meeting, although
> I don't really have the spoons for a weekly meeting if that's the idea.

Right.  I don't envision this being a weekly or regular meeting.
Depending on how much interest or discussion there is, there may be a
second meeting in a few weeks and at a different time.  If there is a
subset of volunteer folks who would be interested in meeting somewhat
regularly to talk about the infra and plan/coordinate changes, they
are of course welcome to do so on their own schedule and as time
permits.  Otherwise no pressure for committing to a regular meeting.