emacsconf-org

Re: Various updates, prep notes for speakers

From: David Bremner
Subject: Re: Various updates, prep notes for speakers
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 07:10:31 -0300

Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> writes:

> dto, bremner, and Karl, I'd appreciate it if you too would take a look
> at the notes and propose/make any changes you deem necessary.

I wonder if we should suggest mics attached to headsets
as well?  In my experience these cut down on the capture of ambient noise.

>    As such, besides the main streamer (likely me), some of us will
>    likely need to volunteer to stream and/or record the off-track
>    portion of such talks and to take over when the main streamer moves
>    on to the next talk.  Those of you who have a machine with decent
>    specs would you please volunteer to help with this?

I do have the technical ability to make recordings, but I hesitate to
volunteer further as I am already failing to keep up with my orga
responsibilities.

> 3. Should we have our Mumble server as an additional communication
>    channel besides our IRC channels?  If so, we would probably need to
>    have at least one or two of us (or other new volunteers) keep an eye
>    (well, ear ;-)) on our Mumble server and moderate it.  Or should we
>    keep it under the wraps for the most part and use it only for comms
>    between ourselves?

My experience is that voice works better between small groups that
somewhat know each other, or in a kind of hub and spoke ("classroom")
scenario where one person controls the discussion. Other people might
have different experience, and it certainly adds a much needed human
touch, so if others are positive about a public mumble server, feel
free.