Re: Is this proper time format?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Is this proper time format?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 11:01:24 +0000

David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> Would you mind updating the patch?
>
> See below.

Thanks!

>> If you do not use magit, you can easily re-create patches for a given
>> file from Emacs using
>> M-x vc-diff <RET> M-x write-file <RET> /path/to/your.path <RET>
>
> I do use magit, but I'm not good with it.  In particular, I wanted to
> walk thru my changes with EDiff, but, when ediff brought up the buffers,
> the buffers were in org-mode and everything was folded and I didn't see
> how to tell ediff to not fold so I could see the diffs.

Usually, the diff provided in M-x magit-status is good enough.
You could also use M-x org-show-all to unfold everything.

>  To assist project planning, TODO items can be labeled with a date
> -and/or a time.  The specially formatted string carrying the date and
> +and/or a time for purposes like a timestamp on an event, a deadline
> +for a task, or clocking time on a task as described in later sections
> +of this chapter.  The specially formatted string carrying the date and
>  time information is called a /timestamp/ in Org mode.

IMHO, this is just creating confusion.
Remember that this manual/guide is going to be read by people who are
not yet familiar with Org mode terminology. What is "timestamp on an
event"? What if you put a timestamp on a non-event? What is "clocking
time"?

>    A simple timestamp just assigns a date/time to an item.  This is
>    just like writing down an appointment or event in a paper agenda.
> +  There can be multiple timestamps in an event.

Why event? What about tasks? Can just use more general "heading" or "entry".

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,