[Info path] Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: [Info path] Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 19:22:28 +0100

Ihor Radchenko writes on Tue 13 Dec 2022 13:14:
 > Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:
 >
 > > I have a practical question, though: in order to see the effect of
 > > your patch in context, I applied it in my git repository and did
 > >
 > >    make && make doc
 > >
 > > I then can see the change in the org.pdf file, but not in the Info
 > > manual, although I used
 > >
 > >    emacs -Q -l .emacs.git
 > >
 > > with .emacs.git containing
 > >
 > >    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/Org/Coch-git/org-mode/lisp")
 > >
 > >    (setq Info-default-directory-list
 > >         (append '("/home/cochard/Org/Coch-git/org-mode/doc")
 > >                 Info-default-directory-list))
 > >
 > > What am I doing wrong?  Thank you.
 >
 > Check out [[info:info#Emacs Info Variables]]
 >
 > Basically, INFOPATH environment variable takes precedence.
 > You may also take a look at `Info-directory-list' docstring.

Thanks a lot.  I now see it is not a good idea to customize
Info-default-directory-list.

Still, with the setup indicated above, Info-directory-list is

   ("/home/cochard/Org/Coch-git/org-mode/doc"
    "/usr/local/share/info/" "/usr/share/info/" "/usr/share/info/")

and the 1st line of the Info Org manual is

   This manual is for Org version 9.6.

So, somehow, setq Info-default-directory-list is taken into account
(if I don't to it, I get "Org version 9.4", the native one for emacs
27.2) and I still don't understand why I don't see the effect of the
patch in the Info Org manual (I do see the effect in org.pdf).

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr