Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 13:14:21 +0000

Alain.Cochard@unistra.fr writes:

> I have a practical question, though: in order to see the effect of
> your patch in context, I applied it in my git repository and did
>
>    make && make doc
>
> I then can see the change in the org.pdf file, but not in the Info
> manual, although I used
>
>    emacs -Q -l .emacs.git
>
> with .emacs.git containing
>
>    (add-to-list 'load-path "~/Org/Coch-git/org-mode/lisp")
>
>    (setq Info-default-directory-list
>            (append '("/home/cochard/Org/Coch-git/org-mode/doc")
>                    Info-default-directory-list))
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Thank you.

Check out [[info:info#Emacs Info Variables]]

Basically, INFOPATH environment variable takes precedence.
You may also take a look at `Info-directory-list' docstring.

straight.el uses the following, slightly awkward approach:

(require 'info)
(info-initialize)
(add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "~/Git/org-mode/doc/")

Emacs info page suggests to set environment variable.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,