Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 11:20:24 +0100

Max Nikulin writes on Wed 14 Dec 2022 17:01:
 > On 13/12/2022 15:54, Alain.Cochard wrote:
 > > At the end of section 2.3 (Motion) of the manual:
 > >
 > >       See also the variable ‘org-goto-interface’.
 > >
 > > But this variable does not seem to exist.
 >
 > Alain, could you, please, clarify, what you was trying to do when you
 > came to conclusion that `org-goto-interface' did not exist?
 >
 > Interactive C-h v (`describe-variable') autoloads org-goto if TAB is
 > pressed when "org-goto-" is typed into the prompt, so
 > `org-goto-interface' becomes available for completion. However e.g.
 > "org-go" is not enough for completion. A kind of pitfall is that
 > non-interactive call
 >      M-: (describe-variable "org-goto-interface") RET
 > does not autoloads org-goto as well.

Like I said in another message that I sent just before receiving yours
my conclusion came from the fact that hitting 'C-h v' with the cursor
on 'org-goto-interface' provided nothing.  It was the first time this
ever happened to me.  I did try to explicitly enter the variable's
name by entering 'org-goto<TAB>', which (like 'org-go<TAB>') is not
enough: it is completed to 'org--goto'.

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr