Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Does variable 'org-goto-interface' exist?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:20:07 +0700

On 14/12/2022 17:20, Alain.Cochard wrote:

my conclusion came from the fact that hitting 'C-h v' with the cursor
on 'org-goto-interface' provided nothing.  It was the first time this
ever happened to me.  I did try to explicitly enter the variable's
name by entering 'org-goto<TAB>', which (like 'org-go<TAB>') is not
enough: it is completed to 'org--goto'.

I was confused by similar behavior as well, see
Maxim Nikulin to emacs-orgmode. Bug? C-h v in src block since org-9.4. Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:19:13 +0700. https://list.orgmode.org/s6bjs2$b0$1@ciao.gmane.io

I think, help completion should include arguments of `register-definition-prefixes' from loaddefs files (till the related package is loaded), even if it may give some variants that has no functions or variables defined in a library. `customize-variable' should be consistent with describe-variable in respect to autoloading and completion option.

Alain, are you motivated enough to search in emacs bug tracker and in emacs-devel mailing list archives if such options were considered? From my point of view it is better to improve completion than to modify the Org Manual just for org-goto. Feel free to add me as X-Debbugs-CC if you decide to create a feature request or a bug.