Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 12:40:08 +0700

On 04/11/2022 11:23, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:
Ihor Radchenko writes:

These arguments mean that auto-cleaning \\[0pt] is not always safe and
may be a subject of surrounding LaTeX context.

I still believe that

      something\\[0pt]%__ORG_EXPORT__

is quite safe to remove (depending on the following character) and
unlikely harmful if remained for some reason.

What about the side effect you mentioned in a previous email?

                   TeX reads

                   "a% comment
                      b"

                   as "ab", dropping newline and starting spaces.

Unlike in Org, in TeX "a\\b" still contains a line break. Besides exotic packages and user setups it should just work. After all, during normal operation all "%__ORG_EXPORT__" should be stripped by a filter. They are just marks where a decision is necessary whether to retain "[0pt]" or to remove it.