Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 16:55:19 +0000

Max Nikulin writes:

> LaTeX verse package require "\\!" as stanza separator to get proper line
> count,
> so square bracket on the next line is not the only character that may change
> meaning of "\\". So "[*!>" (depending on context) should be handled.

Only when the separation between stanzas is made by means of a blank
line. With the current behavior of verse blocks in the export to LaTeX,
where the separation between stanzas is done by a \vspace, there is no
problem.

When, months ago, I contributed the LaTeX verse numbering patch, I took
this into account, and it didn't seem like the right time to change the
default behavior of the verse block.

I hope to be able to send a new patch soon in the few days (according to
what we discussed in past messages) where the separation by stanzas is
applied by means of a blank line (which is the right thing to do in
LaTeX). I'm rewriting my old code for verse numbering so that a \\! is
automatically added in the last line of each stanza when line numbering
is on.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel