Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Line breaks and brackets in LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 06:44:43 +0000

> Another corner case when "\\[0pt]\n" should not be blindly replaced to
> "\\\n" (I do not escape "\"). Imagine that you are going to describe
> this optimizing filter
>
> ---- >8 ----
> Optimizing filter will replace
> #+begin_example
> First\\[0pt]
> Second
> #+end_example
> with
> #+begin_example
> First\\
> Second
> #+end_example

This is a strong argument against auto-removing the \\[0pt].
Should we, instead of using exact "\\[0pt]" string for line breaks,
define a new LaTeX command and then clean it up? This will distinguish
between \\[0pt] added by users explicitly and the ones generated
automatically by Org.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,