Re: desktop notifications (Re: idea for capture anywhere in x)

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: desktop notifications (Re: idea for capture anywhere in x)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 01:07:18 -0700

i called notify-send from the cli in emacs shell mode running bash,
with emacs maximized as most of my apps are.

in fluxbox terminology at least, maximized means takes up the whole
screen.  fullscreen would mean occupies the top.

no text result and no gui result from notify-send.

can dunst go away after a short period?

i launch dbus manually as fluxbox is not a dm
eval $(dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session)

for context, with org-capture firefox says captured briefly but that
is no guarantee back from emacs which is why we are seeking
confirmation; i used to think it meant that it was captured but when
broken it id not capture.

unfamiliar with notifications.el. if recommended i can look into it.
plauing a sound would irritate me.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com