Re: idea for capture anywhere in x

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: idea for capture anywhere in x
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:05:27 -0700

more below.

On 10/25/22, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> although i always fear it breaking or silently failing, as i have
>> emacs in the bg behind ff when i run it and do not want to do more
>> mousing and inspecting to find out if worked each time.
>
> You may hook notifications-notify to org-capture-after-finalize-hook to
> see notification when the capture is successful.

had not heard of this.  i see that it is part of a pacage called
org-notify?  it would flash screen discreetly or pop up a box in a
corner that would go away soon or some such thing?  sounds like it
could be reassuring if it is not obtrusive.

>>> - Capture template that fetches X PRIMARY_SELECTION or CLIPBOARD.
>>
>> with a capture template that has percents for th3ese or so?
>
> Yes. From org-capture-templates docstring:
>
>   %x          Content of the X clipboard.
>
>> btw on occasion i wnt to capture from emacs using mouse only, but not
>> all modes have mouse context menu.
>
> What about menu bar entry?

with my font size menu bar woud not be desirable.  for mouse
activation which is whati wouldneed it would need to be rclick.  but
thats mode specific so it sounds like a rather troublesome task to
make it work in all the poaces i'd want it to work.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com