Re: Best android app

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Best android app
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 16:38:12 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> [2022-10-17 16:18]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > However, IMHO and according to principles of free software, such as
> > not to steer users towards non-free software, then no links to
> > proprietary software shall be added from Org website pages, as Org is
> > part of Emacs which is part of GNU fully free operating system
> > distributions.
>
> WORG is not the Org website. WORG is the community website.
> We deliberately use less strict rules to encourage contributions to
> WORG.

I am sorry, but in the subject above mentioned by me, what exactly do
you find so strict? Is it the fact not to reference to free sofware?

>From my side, I do not mind how some people categorize their website,
IMHO orgmode.org is one website for me, you may have many categories
and many pages, and categories and pages may be managed by X number of
people. Because it is on the same domain, I do not think that one
should reference proprietary software from WORG pages, and justify it
by saying how it is category "you name it", because Org is part of GNU
free software project.

Imagine if GNU.org domain would have category where they reference
non-free software applications comparing them as good or bad one. That
would not fly. But GNU.org website may mention some proprietary
software, and will not give references to such (not that I know).

In that spirit shall be every GNU software.

I present my opinion only. Not the opinion of GNU project.

> The Org website is only https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/orgweb which is
> strictly abiding the FSF rules.

GNU and FSF are not same. I speak of GNU.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman