Re: [longlines]

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [longlines]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:23:31 +0100

On Friday, 18 Jun 2021 at 16:38, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Coming back to your original post. I finally downloaded it and had a
> quick look at its source org file.
>
> You are using longlines (that is now auto-fill after 70 chars).
>
> I never found a longline mode I liked and that is why I stick to good
> old auto-fill with 70 chars.

I use visual-line-mode together with org-indent-mode.

> I wounder what you use to display the file (I am using a either a 14
> inch Thinkpad X1 or 13inch MacBookAir, so maybe that is the issue here).

My usual setup consists of 2 monitors: a 38" curved screen and a 27"
in portrait orientation.

On the 38", I often have 3 Emacs windows side by side so that each
window is not too wide (80-100 characters with my current font) and the
text wraps nicely.  But I can switch to wider windows easily when
editing tables that may be too wide, for instance.  I often have the PDF
in one of the other windows and sometimes my bibliography in the last
one.

The portrait monitor works well with a single window.

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4.6-557-gceb78e
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096