[longlines] (was: example paper written in org completely)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [longlines] (was: example paper written in org completely)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:38:06 +0200

>>> "ESF" == Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Friday, 18 Jun 2021 at 13:55, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> Right, fair enough. I thought it was MS Office or something like this.[1]

> Yeah; I avoid that problem mostly by using ODT export in org.

> Sometimes, if I have to work on an actual document that LibreOffice or
> gnumeric cannot handle, I access our institution's systems using
> rdesktop and/or a web interface.  Luckily, I only have to the latter
> once every few months at most.

Coming back to your original post. I finally downloaded it and had a
quick look at its source org file.

You are using longlines (that is now auto-fill after 70 chars).

I never found a longline mode I liked and that is why I stick to good
old auto-fill with 70 chars.

I wounder what you use to display the file (I am using a either a 14
inch Thinkpad X1 or 13inch MacBookAir, so maybe that is the issue here).