Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 18:34:10 +0200

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> Right now, citeproc-el, and hence also oc-csl, only supports the "bare"
> variant.
>
> Would it be feasible, and make sense, to fall back all "bare" variants
> to "bare" for now?
>
> So this:
>
> [cite//bare-caps:@latexcompanion]
>
> ... would render as:
>
> Doe 2019

We dropped variant inheritance some time ago already, when the suggested
syntax was style/variant/subvariant... Now, "bare" and "bare-caps" are
totally different from Org Cite POV. I'd rather not re-introduce this.

Maybe "bare" need to be promoted as a full-fledged style, so "bare/caps"
could fallback to "bare". I don't know.

Regards,