Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `csl' citation processor
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 00:07:57 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> What if a developer has the idea to hook up one of the new, very fast,
> csl libraries: either the haskell version associated with pandoc, or
> the rust-based version associated with Zotero?
>
> Possible reasons they might want to do that: performance and/or
> compliance/features.
>
> Could you make sure this module is coded in such a way that it should
> be relatively straightforward to do that?

The citation processor is pretty much centered around the API provided
by the Emacs Citeproc library. I don't know what interface the other
libraries you mention do provide, but if they are not close to each
other, some work will be required.

Fortunately, barring constants and defcustoms, that's roughly 300 locs.
At this size, doing anything is (or should be) "relatively
straightforward" in Elisp.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou