Re: Bug: spurious change in list indent cursor motion [9.4.4 (9.4.4-dist

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Bug: spurious change in list indent cursor motion [9.4.4 (9.4.4-dist @ /home/powellj/elisp/org-9.4.4/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 13:25:35 +0200

>> back to column 0.  (FWIW I think that's a bit unwieldy; going back to
>> column 0 on the /second/ <smart newline> would make more sense to me, as
>> it would correspond to a "paragraph break")
>
> It would make it painful to insert a blank line within a list item.
> OTOH, on the third newline, you are really out of the list.

Fair enough!  I figured the current behaviour made it easier to write
"multiple paragraphs" in a single list item, but I was unsure if anyone
actually relied on that.  Thanks for confirming this hunch :)

FWIW, during the latest poll somebody suggested making org-indent-line
cycle through "syntactically valid" indentation levels when hitting TAB
repeatedly, like python-indent-line-function; I like this idea.