Re: Bug: spurious change in list indent cursor motion [9.4.4 (9.4.4-dist

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: Bug: spurious change in list indent cursor motion [9.4.4 (9.4.4-dist @ /home/powellj/elisp/org-9.4.4/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 15:36:38 +0300

Kevin,

> FWIW, during the latest poll somebody suggested making org-indent-line
> cycle through "syntactically valid" indentation levels when hitting TAB
> repeatedly, like python-indent-line-function; I like this idea.

i think (*) the current "master" branch allows you to type "-
fu<RET>-<TAB> *bar" (where the " *" bit means "zero or more spaces").
but, i guess because of folding, it's that sensitive, doesn't cycle when
any non-blank is typed.

(it might be nice if "- fu<RET><TAB>" moved you back to alignment with
the previous line.)

cheers, Greg

(*) i.e., "it works for me".