Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Notes about citations in Org (part 3)
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 16:24:37 +0200

Hello,

András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> writes:

> this is just to indicate that I've started to look into the
> wip-cite-new branch with an eye on updating citeproc-org to use the
> new API -- everything seems to be working perfectly, thanks again for
> this, Nicholas! One issue I also noticed is the separation of citation
> style and bibliography style, which does not exist in CSL.
> Accordingly, it would be nice to have ways of specifying a single
> style for both of them (both in the Org syntax and in the Liisp API),
> if this is not possible already.

I don't think this is necessary.

My (is it mine actually? I can't tell with all the discussions going on)
choice of "style" name for citations and bibliography may be
unfortunate. Actually citations/bibliography styles do not have to match
a known style in CSL. More precisely, the bibliography style is probably
close to what is expected by CSL, but I see citations styles more as
internal variants.

For example, one processor could implement an "draft" citation style
where the citation is in the document, but it isn't even processed
during export. So I think the single style you're talking about is
really the bibliography style.

Does that make sense?

Regards,
--