Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Syntax Proposal: Multi-line Table Cells/Text Wrapping
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 09:53:39 +0100

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 09:44:48AM +0100, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
> Hi Tomas,

[...]

> I was writing yesterday some rudimentary code (just a proof of concept)
> and I've made this screencast:
>
> https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com/edit-cell-sample-2021-03-19_09.29.17.mp4

Looks nice. And for a heavy table user, it might be useful.

It seems you are in the "table row is a big unstructured text" camp.

For my case, as I said, I'm not a heavy table user anyway.
Opening another window is (to me, at least) so disruptive
that I'd be motivated to find alternatives (I very rarely
use C-c ', org-edit-special for source blocks for the same
reason).

But I can envision people needing that badly.

My post was rather a warning that "multi-line" will mean
different things to different people.

Cheers
 - t