Re: How do you name your code blocks?

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: How do you name your code blocks?
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 07:53:12 +0300

Rodrigo,

i guess part of the answer depends on why you are naming your code
blocks.  for me, the main reason is for <<noweb>>.  another is so that
when org-mode asks me if it should run a block, it has a name to tell me
to help in my decision-making.

for <<noweb>>, there is noweb-ref header argument (see manual).  i don't
know if that might be of help.  it allows you to name a group of source
blocks, intended to be treated as a group.

using noweb-ref, one can also name a bunch of to-be-concatenated code
blocks as a property of a (super-) node in the tree:
----
       :PROPERTIES:
       :header-args+: :tangle build/package/covid.19.data/R/aggregate.R
       :header-args+: :noweb-ref aggregates
       :END:
----
(that sets all otherwise-un-attributed code blocks in that node, or any
sub-node, in the tree to tangle to the .R file, and to be "embeddable"
in other code via, e.g., things like this:
----
   <<coplot>>
   <<colean>>
   <<duration>>