Re: wip-cite status question and feedback

From: denis . maier . lists
Subject: Re: wip-cite status question and feedback
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 22:49:11 +0200 (CEST)

Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> hat am 12. April 2020 17:32 geschrieben:

> "Bruce D'Arcus" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 10:02 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >> Yes, and a "t-styled" citation would be:
> >>
> >>   [citet:see;@doe2020;@doe2019]
> >>
> >> Barring the prefix, the syntax of the citation does not change wrt to
> >> "wip-cite" branch. However, this is enough to be slightly incompatible,
> >> hence the "wip".
> >
> > Good; no issues that I see with this at all.
>
> Great!
>
> I'll wait a bit for others to comment. If there is no objection, I'll
> implement this in "wip-cite" and rebase that branch on top of "master"
> for easier testing and feedback.

Your proposal looks good to me. Just one question concerning typed citations.
citeX is good and concise, but why limit this to only one character? What about
allowing something more verbose? Perhaps "cite-intext:" or "cite:intext:"?
The simple syntax is great for most cases, but if you want to support some of
those not so common biblatex commands, this might be better.
What do you think? (I think there's been a discussion about that, but I don't
remember the exact details.) Anyway, I think your proposal is a good start, and
it can be extended afterwards.

Concerning some other open questions, I suggest sticking to what citeproc-org
uses:

1. For the bibliography:
#+bibliography: something.bib
(Could this be a list containing multiple files?)

2. Placing the bibliography with:
#+bibliography: here
(Ideally, it would be possible to have this multiple times, perhaps with some
filters, like printing only the works of a certain author, or with certain
keywords, or so. But that's, of course something for later...)

3. Setting the style:
#+CSL_STYLE: "some-style.csl"

Of course, if you're using biblatex or natbib you'll need another option for
that.

Best,
Denis