Re: [O] org babel R source blocks :results output with :session includes

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [O] org babel R source blocks :results output with :session includes extra blank lines
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 16:57:03 +0000

Cannot confirm. See inline.

> On Aug 28, 2018, at 7:48 AM, Dylan Schwilk <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I recently have run into a change in output from my R language source code
> blocks.
>
> I have found that when I include :session to the source block header, I now
> get
> extra blank lines in the #+results. This has broken my lecture slides for my
> courses with too much extra blank space.
>
> for example:
>
> #+begin_src R :results output :exports both :session
> 1 + 2
> 3 + 4
> print("the end")
> #+end_src
>
> #+results:
> : [1] 3
> :
> : [1] 7
> :
> : [1] "the end"

With the :session arg I get the output as you show it below.

This was with master on commit f79545 from last month and on today's master
(commit 38a8901).

> I do not have this issue when I omit the :session header argument, eg:
>
> #+begin_src R :results output :exports both
> 1 + 2
> 3 + 4
> print("the end")
> #+end_src
>
> #+results:
> : [1] 3
> : [1] 7
> : [1] "the end"

FWIW, my R session looks like this

[...]
Type 'q()' to quit R.

> setwd('/Users/cberry/')
> 1 + 2
3 + 4
print("the end")
'org_babel_R_eoe'
[1] 3
> [1] 7

[1] "the end"
> [1] "org_babel_R_eoe"

If this is what your session looks like, then we need to dig deeper into ob-R.

HTH,

Chuck