Re: [O] org babel R source blocks :results output with :session includes

From: Dylan Schwilk
Subject: Re: [O] org babel R source blocks :results output with :session includes extra blank lines
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 17:24:00 -0500

Thank you and my apologies. Seeing the session output you posted convinced me
the problem was with my ess settings.

Of course I should have known that because I could find no-one else with the
same problem and I could see no change to ob-R.el in the git repo in the past
months that could have affected this.

The problem turned out to be the ess variable ess-eval-visibly. The default, nil
works fine with ob-R (doc: "If nil, ESS doesn’t print input commands and doesn’t
wait for the process.").  I had accidentally set to 'nowait (doc: If ’nowait,
ESS still shows the input commands, but don’t wait for the process.).

My apologies for the spurious post. I had not realized that I was setting that
ess variable.

Sincerely,

Dylan