[O] org babel R source blocks :results output with :session includes ext

From: Dylan Schwilk
Subject: [O] org babel R source blocks :results output with :session includes extra blank lines
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 09:48:43 -0500

Hello,

I recently have run into a change in output from my R language source code
blocks.

I have found that when I include :session to the source block header, I now get
extra blank lines in the #+results. This has broken my lecture slides for my
courses with too much extra blank space.

for example:

#+begin_src R :results output :exports both :session
1 + 2
3 + 4
print("the end")
#+end_src

#+results:
: [1] 3
:
: [1] 7
:
: [1] "the end"

I do not have this issue when I omit the :session header argument, eg:

#+begin_src R :results output :exports both
1 + 2
3 + 4
print("the end")
#+end_src

#+results:
: [1] 3
: [1] 7
: [1] "the end"

I am using org-mode version 9.1.13, emacs 25.2.2 and R version 3.4.4
(2018-03-15) with no .Rprofile.

This does not happen with python source blocks, only with R

Sincerely,

Dylan