Re: [O] Conditional link export?

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: [O] Conditional link export?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 15:56:33 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> There is already inline syntax for any language, including elisp:
>
>   src_emacs-lisp{(foo)}
>
> and, if you use the library of Babel,
>
>   call_foo{}
>
> I don't see the need to add yet another way to call inline code from an
> Org document.

Is that a new feature? First time I've heard about it, and I did google
for inline code block evaluation before.

In any case, the HTML export result of e.g. this:

    The current time is: src_emacs-lisp{(format "<a href=%S>%s</a>"
"http://google.com"; (format-time-string "%H:%M"))}.

is:

    The current time is: <code>&lt;a href</code>"<a
href="http://google.com/";>http://google.com/</a>"&gt;15:50&lt;/a&gt;=.

which is far from what I want.

And I still think that Elisp could benefit from privileged call
syntax. Compare:

    !(foo)

    src_emacs-lisp{(foo)}

No one would quickly forget the first call syntax after using it once,
while the second one is highly forgettable and clumsy.

Additionally `org-edit-src-code' doesn't work for these blocks.

regards,
Oleh