Re: [O] Conditional link export?

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: [O] Conditional link export?
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 14:05:25 +0100

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the effort, I might use the code you suggested as a last
resort:)

I think the issue here is extending the power of Org markup.

The task at hand is "Write a manual in Org that exports to both Texinfo
and HTML", preferably with zero config outside of the Org file itself.
Also preferably without any extra Elisp inside the Org file. Is Org-mode
suitable for the task?

Currently I have a few questions that I had trouble internet-searching:

1. Does Org-mode support export-based #ifdef #endif escapes? Here's what
I have currently:

    You can read about ELPA in the Emacs manual, see
    #+HTML: <a
href="https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Packages.html";>(emacs)Packages</a>.
    #+TEXINFO: @ref{Packages,,,emacs,}.

Note that I'm getting an unwanted newline after "see" in case of HTML
export that I'd like to get rid of. Even if that problem is solved, it
still looks a bit clunky.

Is there a way to make something like this work instead?

    #+begin_src elisp :inline
    (cond
      (ox-htmlp
       (ox-html-link
        "(emacs)Packages"

"https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Packages.html";))
      (ox-texinfop
       (ox-texinfo-link
        "info:emacs#Packages")))
    #+end_src

2. Does Org-mode support the kbd markup for denoting keyboard shortcuts?
I'm guessing that the answer is no, which is a shame since both Texinfo
and Github/StackExchange-flavored Markdown support it.

Currently I've customized my Org to export =foo= as code, and ~foo~ as
<kbd>foo</kbd>. Could we have this or a similar markup as the built-in
default? Since Org-mode has so much to do with Emacs, having kbd tags
would be very convenient.  In some odd cases, ~foo~ wasn't working for
me and I've had to use @@html:<kbd>@@"@@html:</kbd>@@, which looks quite
ugly.

3. I really like http://orgmode.org/manual/index.html. How would I go
about producing something like that (i.e. where can I find the sources)?
Each time I've seen HTML export, it's always a single page. How to
export each heading to its own page and have them all linked?

4. Is Org-mode powerful enough to have all of Emacs' manuals re-written
in it, without any change in the final Info output?

regards,
Oleh