Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 19:28:42 +0200

>> Fine whit me.  For that I I have inlinetasks.
>
> Then it cannot even replace inlinetasks.

Is that a goal?

>> Its virtues are compactness, being similar to a list, being C-k friendly,
>> and, IMO, more intuitive.
>
> But, IMO, totally useless for general annotations.

I think "totally useless" stretching it.  Two examples.

   [@:1] My sentence on foo address@hidden and something else

   * Annotations
     [@:1:Nicolas] Remember to refer to bar

     #+TODO: Notes/Nicolas
     My sentence on foo [Notes/Nicolas: Remember to refer to bar] and
     something else.

The latter is less precise, but I would still prefer it.  I guess you
could add references to an endnote for long notes, which would bring it
closer to killing org-inlinetasks.

> This probably means they shouldn't share the same syntax. Note I'm all
> for replacing inlinetasks with something else (i.e., change syntax),
> albeit this is no simple task.

I don't particularly care for them either.

—Rasmus

--
This space is left intentionally blank