Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:50:19 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> My guess would be that most notes are short.  For such notes, but not
> necessarily for longer notes, [@:NOTE] would be more convenient.

This is very limited: you cannot write two paragraphs in your note.

> Though I don't know what the "@" signifies.

AnnoTate?

> I think whatever is the value of #+TODO makes more sense as prefixes.

You turn every annotation into a task. Again, this is very restrictive.

> I don't think it would be easy to convince coauthors of documents, who are
> not using Emacs, that this is something "easy" to use.  I guess not many
> people do XML in Nano or Notepad, since keeping track of opening and
> closing tags is a pain.

My sole focus is Emacs users, tho.

> Formatting tags, e.g. *, are somehow natural and shorter.  Blocks are
> "easy" to see.
>
>> I don't know what is a TODO functionality since you suggest to not make
>> it appear in the agenda.
>
> E.g. "Sentence about BAR [TODO: add reference to FOO and check BAZ]".  I
> don't need that in my agenda.

Since you're talking about "TODO functionality", what features would
this share with regular tasks, defined with headlines or inlinetasks?

> But this is a change to the *format*, not its principal editor.

Do you think tables are particularly nice to write if you work outside
of Org mode? There is no clause about being easy to edit from Nano in
Org.

Anyway, we're speaking of two different things, e.g., I think it's
important to be able to mark exactly which part of the document you're
annotating. [TODO: ...] cannot do that.

Regards,