Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 18:25:20 +0200

>> My guess would be that most notes are short.  For such notes, but not
>> necessarily for longer notes, [@:NOTE] would be more convenient.
>
> This is very limited: you cannot write two paragraphs in your note.

Fine whit me.  For that I I have inlinetasks.

>> Though I don't know what the "@" signifies.
>
> AnnoTate?

I did not see that coming.  That's a "meh" from me :)

>> I think whatever is the value of #+TODO makes more sense as prefixes.
>
> You turn every annotation into a task. Again, this is very restrictive.

I don't think so, e.g.

#+TODO: DISCUSS DISAGREE | RESOLVED DROPPED

And judging from the manual people are doing much more complicated stuff
than that (my usage is pretty simple).

> Since you're talking about "TODO functionality", what features would
> this share with regular tasks, defined with headlines or inlinetasks?

The tags.  They are notes related to say a sentence, so you put a note at
the end of a sentence.  Spatial TODOs.

> Anyway, we're speaking of two different things, e.g., I think it's
> important to be able to mark exactly which part of the document you're
> annotating.

I agree they are different.

> [TODO: ...] cannot do that.

Its virtues are compactness, being similar to a list, being C-k friendly,
and, IMO, more intuitive.

–Rasmus

--
There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know