Re: [O] org-cite and org-citeproc

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] org-cite and org-citeproc
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 02:08:37 +0200

Hi,

Richard Lawrence <address@hidden> writes:

>> That being said, my gut feeling is that you have to define the data
>> elsewhere.
>>
>> For example, to add a (sub)title to a odt document the field/keyword is
>> defined in a file different from contents.xml and will just not be printed
>> if used in contents.xml only.
>
> Hmm.  But the citations are all just represented as <text:p>
> nodes...surely that doesn't have to be defined elsewhere?

You are right.  Also, oolatex inserts citations as plain text as well.  As
I recall, it can be done "semantically" and section 6.3 of the odt
standard suggest that this may be true, but it's not immediately obvious
how to do it.

> I am now guessing that the problem is that you can't have one <text:p>
> inside another.  Each paragraph is wrapped in a <text:p>, but so are the
> citations within it...maybe that is not correct and so LibreOffice
> doesn't like it.

I don't think <text:p> can be nested cf.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1415138_253892949

>> Also, the bibliography is not "correct" in the sense that if it was setup
>> in the right semantic way, it would be gray in LO, like the TOC.
>
> Do you know what other markup is required in this case?  It looks like
> maybe the TOC is gray because it is marked with a "text:protected"
> attribute, or maybe because it has an associated "OrgIndexSection"
> style?

It has to be formatted as a bibliography.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-text_bibliography

I've attached a minimal oolatex example (mk4ht oolatex test.tex) of

    \documentclass{article}
    \usepackage[english]{babel}
    \usepackage[authordate]{biblatex-chicago}
    \addbibresource{~/documents/literature/lit.bib}
    \begin{document}
    before \textcite[pre][post]{schulte12} and after
    \printbibliography
    \end{document}

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding