Re: [O] State of the art in citations

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] State of the art in citations
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 11:26:35 -0400

On 2014-04-27 at 10:53, Clément B. wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
>> When I export this to LaTeX, it is not treated as a proper LaTeX
>> citation. The text is just the "%A (%y)" part. Is there some way to
>> export so that the ref:%l turns into a \cite{%l}?
>
> The "ref" is a custom link type, you can define those in org with
> `org-add-link-type`, and they allow control over the export
> behaviour. See the previous posts in this thread for an example.

Ah! Got it. This is really nice. Thank you.

I find the best way to support ODT is simply add something like this:

      ((eq format 'odt)
       (format "(%s)" desc))

This doesn't create a bibliography section, but that section is awkward
to export to anyway. It requires the 3rd party Org hack that isn't
officially supported, java, jabref, is awfully slow (~2
seconds/reference), etc. I now put the references inline as above, and
then manually add the references by exporting to PDF and copying/paste
that reference section.

Not great, but less of a hack than ODT-supported references, and working
with ODT/Word is a hack anyway.

Still looking into "lastname (Year)" format...

  -k.