Re: [O] make doc failing

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: [O] make doc failing
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 20:53:31 +0530

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> In short texi2dvi works texi2pdf fails
>
> Try to add -q option to TEXI2PDF, I resolved that issue when texinfo 5.0
> (actually I don't remember when, though could dig git log of my repo)
> apperead in my distro (Archlinux).
>
> P.S.
> If you are interesed how I do this, see this file (package build script),
> https://github.com/vp1981/pkgbuild/blob/master/emacs-org-mode/PKGBUILD
> especially line with TEXI2PDF.

No -q does not help

Likewise Achim:

> The error should go away if you remove the comments.  Let me know if
> that works for you, I'll check in a fix in a few days.

The perl warning goes if those those LC_ALL/LANG lines are commented out
However the pdf generation still fails

However texi2dvi works (maybe with some strange artifacts in the pdf
-- not checked details) and then dvipdf.

Also removing the --expand seems to make it work without errors