Re: [O] make doc failing

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [O] make doc failing
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:06:42 +0900

Hello,
** Rustom Mody [2013-12-30 11:27:46 +0530]:

> Nick wrote:
>> Rusi wrote:
>>> $ makeinfo --version
>>> makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 5.2

>>> Is yours the same?

>> No, mine is 4.13 - apparently before the perl switcheroo.

> And doc/Makefile has:

> %.pdf:        LC_ALL=C    # work around a bug in texi2dvi
> %.pdf:        LANG=C        # work around a bug in texi2dvi
> %.pdf:        %.texi org-version.inc
>     $(TEXI2PDF) $<

> Commenting out the LC/LANG lines makes the perl warning go away

> Generation is still a problem
> Works from command line texi2dvi
> Fails with make doc

> In short texi2dvi works texi2pdf fails

Try to add -q option to TEXI2PDF, I resolved that issue when texinfo 5.0
(actually I don't remember when, though could dig git log of my repo)
apperead in my distro (Archlinux).

P.S.
If you are interesed how I do this, see this file (package build script),
https://github.com/vp1981/pkgbuild/blob/master/emacs-org-mode/PKGBUILD
especially line with TEXI2PDF.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov