Re: [O] make doc failing

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] make doc failing
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 00:47:01 -0500

Rustom Mody <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick wrote:
>
>> > texi2pdf --batch --clean --expand org.texi
>> > perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>> > perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>> >     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>> >     LC_ALL = (unset),
>> >     LANG = "C        "
>> >     are supported and installed on your system.
>
>> Where does perl come into the picture? Both texi2pdf and the program it
>> calls, texi2dvi, are shell scripts. The only references to perl I find
>> are in the run_hevea() function of texi2dvi and in the target making
>> the orgcard in the doc Makefile. But that should not cause the PDF
>> manual problems
>
> texinfo has been ported to perl:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=7507
> I find makeinfo and texi2html at least are perl
>
> $ makeinfo --version
> makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 5.2
>
> Is yours the same?

No, mine is 4.13 - apparently before the perl switcheroo.

>> > Cannot open load file: ob-sh
>
>> ob-sh does not exist any more. Check your local.mk and delete it if it's
>> there - I had the same problem because I had added it to
>> BTEST_OB_LANGUAGES.
>
> Nothing in local.mk but I find a testing/lisp/test-ob-sh.el

That's OK I think. You might want to search for a (require 'ob-sh) in
your tree however.

> Is my git remote misdirected by any chance?
>
> $ git remote -v show
> origin    git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git (fetch)
> origin    git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git (push)

That's probably OK - afaik, the repo.or.cz mirror may be a bit behind
at times but it should not matter very much. The canonical place however
is git://orgmode.org/org-mode.

Nick