Re: [O] org-mode based groupware wiki

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode based groupware wiki
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:25:08 -0600

Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi again,
>
> today seems to be my Eric Schulte spamming day. Sorry for that.

No problem.

> Ok. Checking why I do not have the latest and finest version of
> org-ehtml I found the following error
>
> package-compute-transaction: Need package `elnode-20130416.1626', but
> only 0.9.9.7.6 is available
> However, org-ehtml requirements in ELPA says
> Requires: elnode-0.9.9, org-plus-contrib-20120928
>
> I can't find a version of ELPA with this name. Might it be, that you
> used a locally installed version of elnodes?

It is possible that I have a different version installed with ELPA, here
are the package archives I'm using

     (setq package-archives
           '(("gnu"         . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
             ("original"    . "http://tromey.com/elpa/";)
             ("org"         . "http://orgmode.org/elpa/";)
             ("marmalade"   . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/";)
             ("melpa"       . "http://melpa.milkbox.net/packages/";)))
     (package-initialize)

> All my other errors might simply result of using a org-ehtml version
> which still relied on the old exporter. E.g. I had no ox-ehtml.

If you don't have ox-ehtml then you probably either don't have the
latest version of org-ehtml, or you don't have your load path setup to
find org-ehtml/src/ox-ehtml.el.  If ELPA causes problems you might want
to grab the org-ehtml and elnode git repositories and install the old
fashioned way.

> I guess I am getting closer.  I will try to install elnodes from git
> and see if this helps.  All the best

Hope this helps, best of luck and let me know if I can help further.

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte