Re: [O] org-mode based groupware wiki

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode based groupware wiki
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:17:54 -0600

>> 4. (require 'org-ehtml) then (setq org-ehtml-docroot
>> test-org-ehtml-example-dir), then (elnode-start 'org-ehtml-handler :port
>> 8888) and browse to http://localhost:8888 where you should see a directory
>> listing.  Clicking on the Org-mode files in that directory should yield
>> editable versions which actually change on disk when edited.
>>

> That still fails with the same error message on the browser.
> However, I found some info in the  *Message* buffer.
>
> Entering debugger...
> "/home/torsten/test-wiki/"
> Mark set
> ((8888 . #<process *elnode-webserver-proc*<1>>) (8000 . #<process
> *elnode-webserver-proc*>))
> elnode-error: elnode--sentinel 'open from 127.0.0.1.' for process
> *elnode-webserver-proc*<1> <127.0.0.1:60889> with buffer nil
> elnode-error: Elnode status: *elnode-webserver-proc*<1>
> <127.0.0.1:60889> open from 127.0.0.1
> elnode-error: filter: calling handler on *elnode-webserver-proc*<1>
> <127.0.0.1:60889>
> elnode-error: filter: caught an error in the handling
> elnode-error: elnode--sentinel 'deleted.' for process
> *elnode-webserver-proc*<1> <127.0.0.1:60889> with buffer
> *elnode-request-60889*
> elnode-error: Elnode status: *elnode-webserver-proc*<1>
> <127.0.0.1:60889> deleted
> elnode-log-access: Symbol's function definition is void: aget
>

> This missing aget function might be the problem?! I would need to test
> further.
>
> Thanks for your help and suggestion

It looks like you've uncovered a bug in elnode, namely that it uses the
`aget' function without first requiring the `assoc' package which
defines that function.  I bet if you first (require 'aget) and then
re-try you will not see this problem.

I've just opened an issue to this effect on the elnode github page [1].

Thanks,

> Torsten
>

>> Could you try the above and let me know where it fails?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:08 AM, Torsten Wagner <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Eric,
>>>
>>> thanks for the reply. Unfortuantely, I still stuck with the same problem
>>> after updating from ELPA.
>>> If it works ok for you with the recent version of elnode and ehtml, I
>>> might have to digg where my config is broken. I tried following the readmes
>>> but the elnode server responeses with
>>>
>>> <h1>Server error</h1>
>>>
>>> at the website and I can't find any addtional error message in the logs.
>>>
>>> Thanks for help and support
>>>
>>> Torsten

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/nicferrier/elnode/issues/79