Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating package?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:11:01 +0200

Hi Carsten,

>>> this looks excellent.  I think we will implement this as the default
>>> behavior, but only after 8.2.
>>> Does this capture all the possible cases, or are there more cases to
>>> consider?
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by all cases.  It depends on the the iftex
>> package, so everything will break down if it ain't loaded or if it
>> ain't loaded before it's used.
>>
>> So what would the goal be?  To make it compatible with XeLaTeX and
>> LuaLaTeX out of the box?
>
> Yes, this is what I mean.  I would be happy to have some clever line
> in there that would do the right thing for variants of LaTeX.  THis is
> also what I mean by "all cases".

OK now I appreciate the idea.  It should be doable at the expend of
depending on some magic such as iftex.  A clever scheme would have to
be made up so that you wouldn't end up in cases where \ifPDFTeX is
used, but iftex isn't loaded.

It could be a fourth *optional* argument to Org LaTeX package alists.
E.g. '("T1" "fontenc" t 'pdf) could produce
\ifPDFTeX\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}\else\fi.  Depending on the level of
support of iftex one would have to recognize the keywords
(lua -lua xe -xe pdf -pdf) where '-' is the negation (e.g. not pdf).

Anyway, after 8.2 is still a bit away.

–Rasmus

--
El Rey ha muerto. ¡Larga vida al Rey!