Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] [export] Should sidewaystable option automatically add rotating package?
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:51:04 +0200

Dnia 2013-09-25, o godz. 11:09:43
Rasmus <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Nicolas Girard <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 2013/9/25 Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>:
>
> > I came to think that, having a piece of code that brings
> > cross-compatibility between the 3 engines would be of interest to
> > people outside of the Org community. But this is not trivial,
> > especially if the code has to work with older TeX distributions (a
> > reasonable expectation would be that it works with, say, TeXlive
> > 2011 and TeXlive 2012).
>
> Why 2011?  We also require a recent Emacs with recent Org, or?

My 3cents: TeX distros have been notoriously outdated in e.g. Ubuntu.
Things got much better recently, but think of Ubuntu LTS users.  (And
people tend not to update TeXlive for *several years* on Windows.
Given the stability of LaTeX, there is some method in this madness,
though.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski