Re: [O] possible org-insert-heading bug?

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] possible org-insert-heading bug?
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 21:15:35 +0200

Carsten,

any news on this? I'm struggling with RET C-RET during notes taking.

Cheers,

Simon

On 07/03/2013 05:52 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi,

yes, org-insert-heading is broken - nad I am trying to find time
to rewrite it.  My top Org priority.

- Carsten

On 3.7.2013, at 00:11, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Erik,

Glad to see you around :)

These all may be quite related. I haven't seen activity on those
threads suggesting whether a) the documentation is, in fact, right or
wrong or b) whether anyone has taken action to fix or adjust the
behavior of M-RET or C-RET based on the complaints/counter-intuitive
observations.

Let me know if those are similar to your issue. Perhaps Bastien can
comment on the state of these thread, now at least four in number...

- http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg70718.html
- http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2013-05/msg00846.html
- http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72399

I've taken to using C-RET in the meantime, as it seems to do what I
often expect when reflexively pressing M-RET. Also, someone once
corrected me on the documentation that "at the end of the line" might
mean before the ellipsis, not after?

Hope that helps!
John