Re: [O] Handling Repeating events from google calendar / repeater interv

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: [O] Handling Repeating events from google calendar / repeater interval
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 21:42:13 +0200

Neil Smithline <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Guido Van Hoecke <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>

>     Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm afraid that pure AWK does not
>     provide date computation support.

Apparently I was not very awake when I wrote that. Awk could be used to
increment dates by n days, weeks, moths or years. But this would only be
needed if we want / need to turn iCal RRULE events with COUNT specifier
into COUNT separate org events (trying to circumvent the lack of such a
COUNT specifier in org repeating dates).

So although it is feasable, I'm still not sure it is the proper way to
go. However, I am willing to implement it if needed / desired.

>     So I would definitely vote to extend the repeater syntax with a
>     count.

I still think that this is the correct approach.

> PS: You crazy kids and your lack of respect for antiquated UNIX
> utilities ;-)

Oooch, that hurts this crazy 66 year old kid :)

Guido

--
Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.