[O] possible org-insert-heading bug?

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: [O] possible org-insert-heading bug?
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:53:55 -0500

Hello,

I am using a current git pull (Org-mode version 8.0.3,
release_8.0.3-345-g239aa7) and noticed behavior that's easiest to show
with a small example. If you save and visit the following org file,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7514404/test.org

you will see the behavior described and documented (assuming it's
reproducible under your version of emacs and orgmode).

Briefly M-<RET> at the end of a *folded* headline that contains plain
list items will insert a new plain list item at the end of the
subtree, instead of a new top-level headline. I believe this conflicts
with the documentation for M-<RET>, which currently reads:

... If the command is used at the end of a folded subtree (i.e.,
behind the ellipses at the end of a headline), then a headline like
the current one will be inserted after the end of the subtree...

Best,
--Erik